Independent Auditor’s Report Concerning a Limited Assurance Engagement on the Non-Financial Group Reporting1
To the Supervisory Board of
Daimler AG, Stuttgart
We have performed an independent limited assurance engagement on the separate combined non-financial Report of
The legal representatives of Daimler are responsible for the preparation of the Report in accordance with §§ 315b and 315c in conjunction with 289b to 289e HGB.
This responsibility of the legal representatives includes the selection and application of appropriate methods to prepare the Report and the use of assumptions and estimates for individual sustainability disclosures which are reasonable under the given circumstances. Furthermore, the responsibility includes designing, implementing and maintaining systems and processes relevant for the preparation of the Report in a way that is free of – intended or unintended – material misstatements.
Independence and quality assurance on the part of the auditing firm
We are independent from the company in accordance with the requirements of independence and quality assurance set out in legal provisions and professional pronouncements and have fulfilled our additional professional obligations in accordance with these requirements.
Our audit firm applies the national statutory provisions and professional pronouncements for quality assurance, in particular the professional code for German Public Auditors and Chartered Accountants (in Germany) and the quality assurance standard of the German Institute of Public Auditors (Institut der Wirtschaftsprüfer, IDW) regarding quality assurance requirements in audit practice (IDW QS 1).
Our responsibility is to express a conclusion on the Report based on our work performed within a limited assurance engagement.
We conducted our work in accordance with the International Standard on Assurance Engagements (ISAE) 3000 (Revised): “Assurance Engagements other than Audits or Reviews of Historical Financial Information” published by IAASB. This Standard requires that we plan and perform the assurance engagement to obtain limited assurance whether any matters have come to our attention that cause us to believe that the Report for the period from January 1 to December 31, 2018, has not been prepared, in all material respects in accordance with §§ 315b and 315c in conjunction with 289b to 289e HGB. We do not, however, provide a separate conclusion for each disclosure. In a limited assurance engagement the evidence gathering procedures are more limited than in a reasonable assurance engagement and therefore significantly less assurance is obtained than in a reasonable assurance engagement. The choice of audit procedures is subject to the auditor’s own judgement.
Within the scope of our engagement, we performed amongst others the following procedures:
- Inquiries of personnel on group level who are responsible for the materiality analysis to get an understanding of the process for identifying material topics and respective report boundaries for Daimler
- A risk analysis, including a media search, of relevant information about the sustainability performance of Daimler in the reporting period
- Evaluation of the design and implementation of systems and processes for the collection, processing and monitoring of information on environmental, employee and social matters, respect for human rights, and combating corruption and bribery, including data consolida-tion
- Inquiries of personnel on group level who are responsible for the collection of the infor-mation to concepts, due diligence processes, results and risks, the conduction of internal controls and the information consolidation
- Evaluation of selected internal and external documents
- Analytical evaluation of data and trends of quantitative information which are reported by all sites on group level
- Evaluation of local data collection and reporting processes and reliability of reported data via a sampling survey in Kawasaki (Japan), Sindelfingen and Düsseldorf (both Germany).
- Assessment of the overall presentation of the information
Based on the procedures performed and the evidence obtained, nothing has come to our attention that causes us to believe that the Report of Daimler for the business year from January 1 to December 31, 2018 is not prepared, in all material respects, in accordance with §§ 315b and 315c in conjunction with 289b to 289e HGB.
Restriction of use/AAB clause
This report is issued for purposes of the Supervisory Board of
Our assignment for the Supervisory Board of
Stuttgart, February 13, 2019
|Dr. Thümler |
1 Our engagement applied to the German version of the Repor