Our sustainable business strategy
Our sustainable business strategy demonstrates our commitment to sustainable business operations at both the Group level and in the individual business divisions. More specifically, our strategic objectives involve the following six areas of action:
- Climate protection and air pollution control: Plans call for our new vehicle fleet to be CO2-neutral b
y 2039, when it will no longer have any relevant impact on air quality in inner cities.
- Conservation of resources: We will decouple resource consumption from business volume growth.
- Livable cities: We will offer our leading mobility and transport solutions in order to improve the quality of life in cities.
- Traffic safety: We are working to make our vision of accident-free driving a reality as we develop automated driving systems while also taking social and ethical issues into account.
- Data responsibility: We conduct sustainable data-based business operations, anticipate our customers’ needs, and handle all data responsibly.
- Human rights: We have assumed responsibility for respecting and upholding human rights along our automotive value chain.
We have set ourselves the goal of making sustainability an integral component of our core business and our conduct in general. Achieving this goal requires future-oriented cooperation with our partners in industry, government, and society at large, as well as with our employees, who will help shape the coming transformation. The three enablers, or principles, of “Integrity,” “Employees” and “Partnerships” are crucial for achieving success in the six areas of action.
While formulating our strategic goals in the six areas of action, we focused extensively on the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) defined by the United Nations, and in particular on the following SDGs and the associated sustainability-related activities:
- SDG 8 - Decent Work and Economic Growth
- SDG 9 - Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- SDG 11 - Sustainable Cities and Communities
- SDG 12 - Responsible Consumption and Production
- SDG 13 - Climate Action
By adopting the six areas of action and the three enabler topics, we have firmly established the aforementioned SDGs as a component of our business strategy. We want to make an effective contribution to sustainable development by implementing this strategy.